Embark on a journey into the world of Trotec Laser Cutting, where precision and innovation converge. Engineered with meticulous specifications, Trotec laser cutters feature high-powered lasers for exceptional accuracy. Explore the costs associated with these machines, as they handle diverse and suitable materials like wood, acrylic, and metal, ensuring consistent and clean results. Witness the layer-by-layer cutting process and discover special features that empower users. Trotec prioritizes safety, providing a secure operating environment by turning off the laser whenever the lid opens.
Embarking on the creative journey with a Trotec Laser Cutter is remarkably straightforward. This innovative process seamlessly translates your digital designs into tangible objects with precision and efficiency. Let's delve into the key steps that bring your ideas to life:
|1. Preparation of the design
|2. Preparation of the machine
|3. Ruby: Step 1 and 2
|3. Ruby: Step 3 and 4
Down below you will find our tutorials about the use on the trotec laser cutting machines, but keep in mind, these may be somewhat outdated
Keychain designs illustrator
Trotec Speedy 300 - Engraving and cutting a double sided keychain.
The Process: Laser engraved lino printing
Trotec Speedy 400 - Rotary Attachment on a Speedy 400 Laser with Ruby
Trotec Ruby workflow
The Help section in our Trotec Laser Cutting Guide serves as a comprehensive resource, offering additional insights to enhance your laser cutting experience. Dive into these valuable resources to navigate the intricacies of laser cutting, ensuring a smooth and successful journey with your Trotec laser.
Tips an tricks:
Here are some 3D printing tips and tricks that might help you print more efficiently and with better quality at the same time!
- Dirty lens: A dirty lens can influence the cutting quality. When less quality is noted, please inform a student assistant, they will clean it for you since it's a very delicate task that requires precision to avoid any potential damage to the lens.
- Remove extra white space: Go to the design tab and click "Fit to Design" in the top bar, this will remove all of that extra white space, u can also sign a margin to this so there will be some white space around it.
- Array: In the main prepare screen where u also assign a cutspeed & power to the lines you are able to click on the image. In the top right there will be 2 symbols, a "Pencil symbol" and a "4 tiles symbol". Click on the 4 tiles symbol to open the array menu. In the array menu click on the array schematic to which point u want the array to repeat and click on update.
- Skip overlapping cut lines: In the main prepare screen click on the "Ｉ symbol" it will give u three options to skip the overlapping cut lines, choose the one that would suit your cut lines the most. By hovering over these three options it will show u what they mean.
- Sharp edges with engraving: If u would like to get more sharp edges with engraving you can set a cut line around this in illustrator, make it 0.01mm thick but make the color blue instead of red. Now in the main prepare screen of ruby select the vector option and set the speed very high and power somewhat lower, both are depending on the material that you're engraving and the depth you would like to recieve on your design.
- Avoid smoke: To avoid smoke residue on the material, painters' tape/masking tape can be applied on BOTH sides of the material. The smoke residue will get on the tape and after the job, the tape can be removed, but do not use tape on engraving parts. If you want clean cut lines and still engrave, just cut first with the tape, remove the tape and then engrave, otherwise your engraving will turn out with very low quality.
Whether you're a novice or an experienced user, this section is dedicated to addressing common issues through effective troubleshooting strategies. Below are the most common laser cutting issues, each accompanied by the cause of the problem and a corresponding guide on how to resolve it.
- Cutting lines not cutting: If the cutting lines are not being cut but the thickness is 0.01mm, the color is RGB red (r=255, g=0, b=0) and the document file is set in RGB, then it might be the issue that the line is inside of a clipping mask. To remove a clipping mask right click on the image and click on "Release clipping mask", delete any white images that are in the background and make sure the cutting line has the properties that are shown above.
Ensuring the long-term reliability and optimal performance of the laser cutter requires consistent maintenance. Explore the following essential tasks to keep the printers in top condition: Note that these will mostly be done by employees who are taught how to perform these as to not damage any of the parts.
- Cleaning: Both the two trotec laser cutters have to be cleaned often to make sure they perform well